Kimberley School of the Air accepts enrolments for Kindergarten to Year 6 students living in the Kimberley region who do not have access to a government school. Playgroup is available for children from 0-4.
School expectations of enrolled students
- Parents must provide a home tutor who can work with students on their daily learning programme. This may be a parent.
- It is a lawful requirement for compulsory school aged students to participate in full time learning programmes. In our context this means attending lessons via the internet through the Department of Education online platform and regular completion and submission of student work for assessment.
- Collation and mailing of high-quality teaching and learning resources in line with the West Australian curriculum that are pitched at the student’s ability level
- Teacher visits and 2 camps a year
- Facilitation of NBN installation and provision of a student computer
Please feel free to contact the school to discuss any questions you may have about enrolment.
Fees and Charges for 2021
Single Child $60 per year
Family of 2 or more $120 per year
Home Tutors Camp Term 2 and Term 4 Camp
$20 per student K-Yr 6
$35 per attending adult
Muster Term 4 Years 4-6
$650 per student
Canberra Camp Term 3 Years 5 and 6
$650 per student (payable to P&C)