People sometimes ask what does the STL actually do?
The short answer is lots!
- Work one on one with students who may require additional support to reach their learning goals.
- Work with teachers to develop individual learning programs for their students
- Develop and oversee school wide assessment and analyse results
- Oversee our learning programs like Letters and Sounds and Words Their Way
- Assist with setting school priorities
- Oversee curriculum at a whole school level
- Plan and coordinate our Home Tutors Seminar and other camps
- Work closely with the P&C and sit on School council
- Liaise with external agencies and our school psychologist
- Support our parents and home tutors to deliver learning programs
- Provide professional development for staff
- Coordinate mandated assessments such as On-Entry Testing and NAPLAN